Let’s have a clear understanding of what this site – se-reflections.com – has to offer and what it doesn’t try to offer.
If we’re on the same page, both you and I will have the best user experience.
New Visitors: Thanks for taking the time to review this page – it is kept intentionally simple and direct so we’re clear together!
Are you a Somatic Experiencing® student or practitioner?
This site is designed to share thoughts and reflections on what I personally do and do not do as a psycho-biologically based somatic educator specializing in SE®.
It is targeted specifically for SE students, practitioners and associated helping care professionals so they can take these ideas and make their own work better than ever (and better than mine).
If that’s you, you’re in the right place.
If this is not you, you’ll probably find other public projects by Twig on liberationispossible.org more helpful as the specific nature of this project will not translate well to the general public.
How you can participate
- Share this site with your friend’s and colleagues.
- Submit a question, thought or criticism for review.
- Hire me for a consultation, session or presentation.
- Inform me of a needed correction or reconsideration.
- Send me a word of encouragement or other thought.
- Create something beautiful and tell me about it. Then I can shout “That’s SO COOL!”
Questions and Answers
An online project offering practical suggestions and theoretical reflections on the refined use of Somatic Experiencing® and associated healing modalities offered up in podcast, blog post, creative image and online courses by Anthony Twig Wheeler.
Helping care professionals who are integrating psycho-biology and somatic therapy principles into their work, particularly Somatic Experiencing® students and practitioners.
Me – Anthony Twig Wheeler – an SE practitioner and consultant who’s grokked this stuff with considerable effort and passion.
I can help you “grok” it too. That’s the point of this website, to join in the effort to have more of us get it.
Not without consideration. Please don’t assume you can agree with me on 100% of what I offer here. That can’t and shouldn’t be done, please don’t try. Give me a chance and see if I make sense to you.
80% of the material on this site is completely free of charge and licensed through a Creative Commons license and Fair Use to encourage an intellectually vibrant SE community.
20% of the site is is provided as refined online courses which help to finance the site and future developments.
Your financial contributions matter to Twig’s well-being and sanity.
At this point it’s completely randomly as finances and time allow.
The best way to be informed of new additions and changes to this project are through Twig’s Newsletter for Helping Professionals.
You can subscribe via Listen on iTunes, Android Apps to Subscribe or visit the main archive or RSS feed. Facebook and Twitter stuff may happen too.
You sure can, and you’re encouraged to do so.
There’s a list above with some ideas and I’m open to another creative idea if you’ve got one.
If you’re on Facebook and Twitter you can comment there as well.
I don’t maintain open comments on this site – it’s simply too much work to watch after those.
After the Podcast reaches 100 episodes the site will be archived for time to come and future additions will be made as opportunity allows.
Development and refinements of related online courses will continue as long as I have anything productive left to share and resources with which to share them.
This blog project is NOT a reflection of the SE training or curriculum, though at times it will share certain logic. These reflections are meant to be be adjunctive to the training and the experience of practicing SE, much like reading a book by Dr. Robert Scaer or listening to a lecture by Stephen Porges PhD. If you are currently in the training, please be respectful of your faculty and classmates by not bringing material into your class from this blog that is clearly beyond the scope of your current training or colleagues.
The free material on this website is held under a creative commons copyright license. That means you can share these words with others as long as you give appropriate credit. Please do not try to capitalize (make money) from my efforts and do provide links back to this blog. I’m highly attentive to not exploiting other people’s material on this blog and I anticipate that you’ll do the same. Please review the creative commons license information at the bottom of this page if you’re interested in duplicating this work.
Some material on this site, and all material in the online courses, are held under copyright and cannot be copied or redistributed without explicit permission from Twig. Get in Contact if needed.
Nope. If you want to do that visit the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute’s website.
Twig’s SE Refections project is not a replacement for official training in Somatic Experiencing® by the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute.
Please don’t pretend like it is – it is not. Agreed?
- Association Disclaimer: The words, opinions and perspectives expressed on Twig’s SE-Reflections.com are those of Anthony Twig Wheeler and no other individual or institution unless otherwise noted. Twig alone is responsible for the content.
- Affiliation Disclaimer: I have had the opportunity to assist and consult with the Somatic Experiencing Trauma Institute (SETI), formerly the Foundation for Human Enrichment (FHE), the sole body responsible for official professional training in Peter Levine’s Somatic Experiencing®. I am currently approved as a session provider and consultant by SETI to provide sessions, consultations and group consultations at all levels of the SE training. I hope this relationship will continue. However, I am not under the auspices or pay of SETI or any other related institution except if otherwise stated. This blog does not officially represent the views, opinions or policy of SETI.
- Perfection Disclaimer: Anthony Twig Wheeler and Twig’s SE-Reflections.com assumes no responsibility for being perfect, beyond reproach or otherwise infallible. These are my best considered opinions about the nature of psycho-biologically informed somatic therapies, particularly as exemplified by Somatic Experiencing®. That said, there are different, varying and even contradictory perspectives out there which may have more accuracy than what I’ve presented here. Feel free to take issue, to disagree, even to think I’m an idiot, but please be respectful and aid my understanding when sharing a contrary opinion or clarification. And don’t take me too seriously, really, I can be just as big a fool as anyone else. Need to point out an imperfection?
Creative Commons License
Twig’s SE-Reflections.com and the content therein are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License unless where otherwise noted, in which case they are protected by copyright to Anthony Wheeler and Crack in the Concrete LLC.
If you have questions about copy, reuse or distribution of the material on Twig’s SE-Reflections please get in contact.