An Online Course with Twig
Many SEP’s finish their official SE® training only to review their expanded knowledge and therapeutic skills with a worrying wonder:
“Yes, but where do I start with my clients?”
“Why does this work at the training and not in my office?”
I have a perspective on this and shared it in a live workshop for many years titled “Where to Start” (Originally, “Positive Deviancy SE”).
Now I’ve collected my best thinking on the challenge of applying SE in the real world and present it in this to the point online course.
One of my strongest observations is that SE Practitioners grow to suffer “the curse of knowledge.”
By the time we finish the training we are fully steeped in the language, rationale and procedure of Somatic Experiencing style sessions. This is true for our colleagues and classmates with whom we practice our craft – all of us become highly informed clients.
This makes it surprisingly difficult to figure out how to help our real world clients join in and participate in the SE process.
That’s largely because we need to translate the salient parts of the SE training for our uninformed and inexperienced clients and we often miss vital steps in helping them understand and cultivate their investment. Indeed, the “magic session,” the one where everything flows and things feel as though “it just wanted to happen” – or something like that – is far more likely to happen with experienced, informed, participatory clients.
And far less likely with doubtful, untrusting and uninterested clients, which of course many real world clients are.
This course was created for SE students and practitioners who want a thorough understanding of what their clients need in order to participate in successful SE sessions.
To get there a step by step sequence for guiding clients toward sufficient understanding and active participation is offered, with the intention of ultimately supporting the more organic “magic session” – which is already out there, waiting to happen.
What others have said about Twig’s Where to Start Project:
“This is a must see for all beginning SEP’s in private practice. It adds structure and focus on how to begin your work with clients!” - Jan Bergstrom
“This is an awesome practical framework to help organize all we’ve learned over the last 3 years. For me it fills a big gap, which is how to ensure a client’s skills are being developed along the way.” – Scott Woerner, Phd, SEP
“It was awesome and illuminating..it filled out a few missing pieces not covered in my SE Training. Thanks twig…” - Noel Haarburger
“As usual, Twig’s thorough coverage of the material and accessible presentation style builds upon the skills I learned in the trainings. Being able to review the information in a different format to the formal training is invaluable. I get so much more from the training modules, and I feel confident putting my professional development in Twig’s safe hands.” – Raquel Dubois
“Incredibly clear and helpful.” - Penny Wilkinson
This online workshop was created specifically for Somatic Experiencing® Practitioners by Twig, with effort and attention. It is here to support you in helping others while applying SE® therapy in your work. Particularly around the issue of getting things moving in the right direction so you can do your best work with your clients. Other Helping Professionals have found this program helpful as well. If you are not an SE student or practitioner, you’re probably better off spending your time elsewhere. Some of Twig’s projects for the public might be of interest.
Online videos and curated lessons included in the Where to Start Program
- Part 1 and 2 of Twig’s Where to Start presentation - 3hrs
- Q&A Follow Up for Where to Start - 2hrs
- Examples from the 10-Session Protocol - 1hr 45min
- 10-minute Clarity Review - 15min
- Final Thoughts on Contracts and Protocols - 45min
- 13 Related Chapters from Twig’s Guide to the SE Language - 2hrs
- 7 Related Episodes from Twig’s SE Reflections Podcast - 5hrs
- Accompanying Written Material - v.1 (There may still be a v.2 coming as support and interest for this project allows.)
- Additional material to come as more participants join in…you can be one of them.
Course Plus Consultations4 One-on-One Conversations with Twig
- Gain access to all the materials in the regularly priced Where to Start program while also receiving 4 one-on-one consultations with Twig to help you solidify your use of this work.
- You save $100 in consultation fees with this package.
- Consultations must be scheduled within 2 months of purchase.
Online Course for Individual StudyIncludes Regular Group Q&A Livestream Events
- Lifetime Access to all the training materials in the Where to Start program.
- Participate in development of future materials during live online Q&A sessions held regularly through December, 2018.
1 Day Free TrialLiterally nothing to loose
- Access to the Where to Start program for 1 day for free. See if this program is a fit for you. If you start in the morning you could get through the entire thing by late afternoon or maybe stay up too late to watch it twice.
- If you decide to purchase the program and really take your time exploring and integrating these ideas we’ll have more opportunity to engage. However, there’s no pressure for this. Feel free to sample this program for a day.
- This is a way for me to follow a long lived intention in my work that nobody be turned away for lack of funds.
Money Back Guarantee
Spending money online is challenging. I want to make this an easy decision for you.
If you get into this program and decide you don’t like it – for whatever reason…simply get in touch in the first 30 days and receive a full refund, no worries at all.
This was created to help you as an SE Practitioner. If it doesn’t do that, you don’t need to pay for it.